Wednesday, November 25, 2009

T'was the Night Before Thanksgiving...


T'was the night before Thanksgiving and all through the day,

People were rushing to get things at bay.

Turkeys were thawing and pies were being set,

Grocery stores were flooded with last minute forgets.

This girl had to work so the excitement had to wait,

In order to get by she coped with goodies to fill her plate.

Breakfast was savored and eaten with cheer,

Because warm Pear, Yogurt and Granola was near.

Lunch had intentions of warming her soul,

The leftover Sweet Potato Chili overflowed in her bowl.

And Dinner was yet, the best of them all,

Because BFD was on tap for the Wednesday in fall.

Egg Sammies was all that this girl could crave,

With the highlight of the seasonal Cranberry EM's all the rave.

Sweet Potato Home Fries accompanied her plate,

And this BFD turned the evening into a lovely little date.

Now her pie must be made and the veggies await,

It's Turkey Day tomorrow and this girl can not be late.

May you all have a day filled with happiness and good grub,

And may your find thanks in your soul for the gracious amounts of love.

Sleep well tonight, for tomorrow is near,

Thanksgiving Day is a sensational time of year!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

7 comments:

  1. This poem was so adorable and awesome! I LOVE YOU! I Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with you loved ones, beautiful one.

    BFD :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest girl in the whole wide [blog]world! I totally had warm pear atop my yogurt today and it was magical!!

    PS knowing I'm going to see you at some point is totally putting a spring in my step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOVE this omg haha you are toooo cute! love egg sammies

    have a great turkey day

    xoox
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable poem - so creative : ) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh girl! That BFD is TDF! I am bookmarking this page when I get home from my MIL's so I can recreate that meal! Hope your Thanksgiving was fun and delicious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, love your poem filled post!

    Hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving, Lauren :D!

    ReplyDelete