Saturday, September 19, 2009

Party Everyday

I don't know about you all, but we are having one of the most beautiful weekends here in PA. The weather is unbeatable. Not a single cloud in the sky and just a slight crisp of fresh fall air. It's truly perfect.

Last night, we ended the weekly birthday festivities for Toly with a big Birthday Dinner at Houllihans.

I invited a bunch of our friends out for a night of good drinks, good food, and good fun.

Toly and I arrived early to reserve a table. (Unfortunately, Houllihans does not take reservations or call ahead, so we wanted to be sure to have a table when our friends arrived)

With an hour to spare, what a better reason to indulge in Happy Hour!



That beautiful drink in my hand would be a signature Strawberry Basil Lemonade. I have no idea what was in it, but it was amazing! I loved the fresh strawberries and basil leaves floating in my glass.

My ambitious hubby can never resist the $5 Long Islands. Yes, that PITCHER was only $5!!

Once our friends arrived, we started the party!


For dinner, I ordered the Tuscan Salad to start.

White beans, tomatoes, basil, arugula, balsamic and goat cheese

And for my meal, I gave the whole pizza thing another try.

Remember my crummy experience with the pizza ordeal at the Cheesecake factory a few weeks ago? Well, fortunately, Houllihans got it right!


Roasted Vegetable Pizza without cheese (with the exception of the goat cheese crumbles of course)

It was delicious! The crust was extremely thin and crispy and the veggies were sweet and tender. Great pie!

For dessert, the table shared a slew of the mini desserts.

Cappuccino cake, berry cobbler, creme brulee....

I had some bites of them all and they were equally delicious!

We had such a great night and Toly really had his fill of a joyful birthday.


This morning, I woke up to nothing but sunshine.

We were participating in a charity walk for my mom's work at 9am, so I put together a quick but tasty breakfast...


English Muffin, one half with PB/PB/Smashed nanner/cinnamon and the other with Nutella and Raspberry Jam.



A little fruit with some Chobani and granola



And a nice cup of hazelnut coffee.
We are headed to Toly's parents for a BBQ in a little bit.
I am soaking up this breathtaking weekend and really starting to get excited for fall. Football games, apple festivals, pumpkin delights....it's really starting to hit me!
How's the weekend going for you? Hope it's great! :)

14 comments:

  1. Hooray for Houlihans and the server that got your pizza order right! I could totally go for some of that pizza right about now. The party looked like it put a great cap on the Toly's birthday week. Enjoy the outdoors!!! It's beautiful here too but I am enjoying it from the inside studying for this exam, mehhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! That sounds like so much fun. AND A PITCHER OF LONG ISLAND ICED TEA!?! Toly must be crazy lol just kidding! :D

    Glad they got the pizza right this time - goat cheese is incredible. Thank you goats!

    This weekend is gloomy so far (but it says sunny in the forecast??). Right now I'm just working on a video for my critique for my main sculpture class. AHH! But no worries, I'll get it done. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lauren. Keep smiling that big beautiful smile of yours :D

    p.s. you inspired me to buy beautiful fruits this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. happy belated birthday Toly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAAAAAJOR fun times!! A bonus with the gorgeous weather as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! What a yummy dinner - I've never eaten at that restaurant but I'm going to have to look into fixing that ;)

    That Long Island is the biggest drink I've ever seen!! I heart fall! Hope you guys had a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you're having such a wonderful weekend. the pizza looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, it seems like you had a great day!! MN is warm and smells like fall!! It's great...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for beaut veggie pizza!

    HAPPY birthday to Toly! What fun. :)

    Apple festivals are so fun. Makes me miss PA...a lot!

    Happy Sunday girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Sounds like you had a great weekend! My pizza never comes out right either :) I laughed when I saw your breakfast--glad I'm not the only one who has two have two different toppings cuz I can't decide. Ha Ha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow thats a huge long island ice tea! Glad your pizza was tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww what a fun party :) I bet Toly had a blast. The Tuscan Salad looks awesome. I LOVE the healthy choices chain restaurants are starting to carry. Enjoy your Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great, especially the strawberry basil lemonade. I have to find a Houlihans near me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A pitch of long island ice tea for 5 bucks is an amazing deal! :D

    Glad you guys had a great birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I love birthday celebrations with good food and good friends. Your drink look so pretty and refreshing - just like my kombucha! Hahahaha! I love cannellini beans! That looked so delish! And a small sampling of desserts is a must any time, any day of the week! I hope Toly really enjoyed his big day.

    ReplyDelete