Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mother-Daughter Date Night

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope your weekends are off to a great start.

Mine began with a pleasant evening with my ma'ma. Toly was having poker night at our house and my mom was solo for a few days while my dad was attending a conference for work. So, we took the opportunity to have a mother-daughter date night.

I was immediately greeted by this little cutie as soon as I walked in....

Benny is looking more and more like Sammy every day. I think he may have gained an ounce or two since the last time I saw him.

My mom prepared a lovely meal.....


Crab cakes, salad with goat cheese (yum!) asparagus and baked tilapia with mango salsa. It was a delicious seafood feast!


It was great spending time with my mom on a Friday night. We need to have these dates more often!
When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised by this massive box of wonderful......
Check out this loot from the kind people at Nature's Path!


I, of course, will be sharing my thoughts on theses products throughout the next few weeks. I adore Nature's Path and can't wait to dig into some of these new cereals and bars.

Despite having a late night and not being able to fall asleep until after 11pm (noisy boys downstairs) I was still up and ready for my long run at 5:45am.
I ran a nice 10 miles and then came home to make this satisfying breakfast....


Bowl of fruit (pineapple, kiwi, 1/2 grapefruit and some raspberries) with cottage cheese and a little kashi go lean with a Kashi Blueberry waffle, topped with okios, a peach and blueberries.

And so my fruit consumption continues...

Really, there just is no stopping me with in season fruits. We have so much in the house and it needs to be eaten, so I really have no choice! ;)

Tonight we will be going to our friend's wedding reception. They had a small family ceremony and have decided to throw a big party for the reception. Should be lots of fun!

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend so far!







5 comments:

  1. That looks like fun!! : )

    I wish I lived closer to my mom so I could do that!

    And, mmmmm! I love Goji Moji Weil bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss my mom and her cooking! what a wonderful package of goodies you have there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute dinner date you had with your Momma! All that Nature's Path grub looks so good--can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I wouldn't mind having a fruit baby... or quintets ;)

    I love mother-daughter dates! I hope my mom is able to fly up to Richmond and visit me so I can cook her something in my new awesome kitchen yayy! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, love!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love mother-daughter dates :) Looks like your mom made a delicious dinner!

    Great job on the 10-mile run! And I'm hittin the summer fruit hard here, too. It's just so yummy!

    ReplyDelete