Sunday, July 26, 2009

Three Meal Success

Is the weekend over already? I can't believe I am typing this on the last few hours of my sabbath and tomorrow marks another start to a long work week. Blah!

Oh well, Twas' a fabulous weekend.
How about you?


Today, was a routine Sunday. In an effort to clean the fridge for a much needed grocery trip, I threw together a lovely bowl of goodness.


Bottom Layer: Kashi Go Lean soaked in Almond Milk
2nd Layer: TJ's Blueberry Greek Yogurt and some Cottage Cheese
Top Layer: Glorious fruit (Nectarine, kiwi, blueberries and raspberries)
Toppings: Flax and Chai seeds


And because everything is better with peanut butter, a slice of TJ's cin. raisin toast with a little PB Co. Cin. Raisin Swirl.


Such a filling and tasty breakfast.


After cleaning and shopping, my stomach reminded me that the next meal of the day was in order.

Lunch- Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Wrap with hummus, Zucchini Sticks and Watermelon.

Two delicious meals covered.
Could there be a third?
Yep, there definitely was a third.
I decided on making a romantic table for two this evening since I had been missing my hubby all weekend. (He was away at a bachelor party and just got back today)
I made a favorite of ours....
Baked Feta Shrimp

Mine had broccoli and was heaped on a bed of steamed spinach.

Toly's had extra cheese and sat over penne.

With toasted Naan and some Riesling.

Fantastic way to end the weekend!

Well, another full week ahead. Work is going to be crazy busy but we have some wonderful plans to look forward to towards the end of the week, so that should help to get me through.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends!

10 comments:

  1. I agree ... fast weekend but very good one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for his and her din dins ;) All of your meals look so fabulous, but the start to your day is truly awesome. Love all that fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had Naan before, but I ALMOST bought it at the store today! It looks so chewy and delicious, I can't wait to give it a try..Booo for the weekend going by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl.

    So cool about your trip to Philly! If you are looking for a special French meal, have dinner at the Sofitel hotel in center city. It's got a fabulous french restaurant connected to the hotel, Chez something, and it is outstanding french cuisine. And off the trendy restaurant circuit, so it's never crowded.

    If you want true Center City dining, pick anything in the Rittenhouse Square neighboorhood (priciest part of the city).

    If you want historic Philly, go down to Old City (down along the river on 1-3rd streets off Market and Chestnut (I think). Tons of bars and good spots to eat. Very walkable and cool.

    If you want to see the BEST farmers market, go to Reading Terminal Market just next to the Convention Center at 13th and Market, I think. There's a super easy parking garage just across the street and the Market is faboosh.

    The Art Museum is truly one of the best if you're into art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, Continental Midtown is a fabulously trendy Philly dining spot. Rooftop bar and excellent mini plates of fierce food! Great martinis.

    Porcinis is a tiny little Italian restaurant (I think it's around 19h and Chestnut). It's BYO and tiny, but the food is amazing.

    There's a Creperie in Reading Terminal Market that is to die for, if you go there.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're ending your weekend with a bang! All of it looks goood mmm mmm! Your breakfast is my favorite. I love what people can come up with when they've got groceries to get use up. Hope this coming week isn't too hard on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm--3 meal success! I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lauren,

    I'm glad you found me too! I entered your giveaway last week but then kept leaving your name out of the website so I couldn't find you again :( I am putting you in my reader as we speak so I can start reading!!

    Your background pattern is my FAVORITE ever--I just bought stationary in that pattern--love it!

    We DID have similar lunches--so easy and delicious. Can't wait to get to know you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog and also that you are sharing are those tasty treats with us.

    ReplyDelete