Sunday, July 26, 2009

Amazing Grass Reviews

I've been slowly working my way through the plethora of wonderful samples that AmazingGrass graciously sent me. If you haven't tried any of their products, you are missing out! The company prides itself on offering organic, gluten-free, potent green-leafy optimum nutrition in a convenient approach. The health benefits of wheat grass are incredible and Amazing Grass has really taken this nutritious powerhouse to a whole different level.

Here are just some of the benefits....

  • Increases and sustains energy naturally
  • Detoxifies and cleanses your body
  • High alkalinity helps balance your body’s pH level
  • Strengthens your immune system
  • Insoluble fiber gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity
  • Complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids
  • Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells
  • Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C
  • Whole leaf powder- not from juice!
  • Dehydrated below 107 and nitrogen packed to preserve the raw food properties
  • 10x the chlorophyll of tray grown wheatgrass juice
  • Field grown outdoors through a cold winter
  • Tested free of mold
  • Gluten free and Vegan
  • Certified Organic

I have sampled the original flavor and did enjoy it; however, I was more excited to try the flavored varieties.

First up: Chocolate Drink Powder

I mixed one packet of this single serving size with a frozen banana and some almond milk to make a creamy, chocolate banana shake. I loved the intense chocolate flavor and it really seemed to drown out any of the "green vegetable" flavor that the original had. If you enjoy a good glass of chocolate milk, adding this beauty will not only make your tummy happy, it will provide you with all day energy.

Next up: Berry Flavor

I added this to my green monster today. (Banana, Blueberries, Spinach, Almond Milk and Amazing Grass)

The berry flavor was just as wonderful! It added such a sweet touch to my green monster and again, I couldn't even detect the slightest "green" taste.

I will be definitely adding this to my Green Monsters routinely.

Lastly: Chocolate Whole Food Energy Bar

I have been so intrigued by this bar and was very curious to try it. First thing I noticed about it was that it was covered in a nice chocolate coating. Kind of like a healthy snickers?!?!

The first bite, was interesting. Chewy and dense and its insides were in fact green. The more I ate it, the more it grew on me. I kind of enjoyed the contrast from the chocolate and greens. This bar would be ideal as an afternoon pick-me up, especially before a workout.

I still have a few more things to try, but I must say, Amazing Grass is a definite winner in my book. What a tasty, convenient way to get your nutrients every day.
Thanks Amazing Grass!!








3 comments:

  1. i might need some of this stuff...then i can take it a little easier on the green pills....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Yes, Amazing Grass rocks! I wasn't a big fan of the chocolate bar but the regular wholefoods bar is INCREDIBLE! I had my second one today and I'm hooked

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so curious if my boyfriend would like that stuff! I'm sure I would, but everytime I see it on a blog, I always think "What would Jason say if I snuck that into his green monster?" Lol

    ReplyDelete