Friday, July 10, 2009

This One Goes Out To The One I Love

Hello there everyone! I’m only hoping that your day has been spectacular so far. It’s Friday, so there should be no reason for anything but cheers!

Today is a special day in history for Toly and I because today marks the 6th anniversary since our relationship began. Yes, for 6 whole years, my heart has belonged to one person and will be his forever more.

In honor of this day, I wanted to dedicate this post to my best friend, my true love, and the man I married.

(This is us the first month we started dating)



Toly,

Sharing my life with you has been more than a dream come true. I cherish every moment that we have spent building our lives together and look forward to the endless years we will continue to grow in our relationship. On this day, 6 years ago, you asked me one of the most important questions of my life. As we sat on your bedroom floor, because the rain had ruined your plains of going out to the lake on a boat, you took a deep breath, and mustered up the courage to tell me how you felt. You said you wanted to be with me and no one else. You said I meant more to you than a friend and you wanted to explore the possibilities of creating a relationship with me. You told me you would be devoted, honest, and amorous. Looking back, I probably didn’t realize it at 17, but this day, you promised me a lifetime of happiness, purpose, and fulfillment. On this day, 6 years ago, you gave me a new life and I will forever be grateful.

I love you baby!

(6 years later, you're still the one)

Being that it was a special day, we decided to meet for lunch. I love meeting my hubby for lunch in the middle of a work day. It makes the day so much more enjoyable! ;)

Since he treated me to a lovely lunch, I wanted to treat him to one of his favorite dinners.

That would be….Fajita Friday!!!


I even made his a little extra special with steak.

Mine was vegetarian of course....

The best part about fajitas is the build-your-own aspect of dinner. So much fun!

Toppings are the best part...
(Those would be Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla chips in the background that Toly LOVED. He couldn't stop commenting on how good they were....whoot whoot, a healthy chip that he likes!!!)

Toly wanted you guys to be assured that there was meat under all those colorful veggies. He almost didn't want to show this because of embarassment from the plethora of veggies, but I proudly told him that was the most beautiful thing I've seen him eat. (Usually his plates are quite baige)

Mine was a little more full. So what are the chances that you think I could fit this baby into my mouth?!?!

Oh yes....

That's right, after weeks of cutting my food into tiny bites and gently placing them on my tounge, this was well deserved.....

Okay, so half of it fell out on my plate, but that is where a handy fork comes in.

I think there may be a little some sweet in plan as well. Tonight calls for ice cream, don’t you think? :)

We have such a great weekend planned.

Tomorrow morning, I am running a 5K with my friend Sarah. Afterwards, Toly and I have mucho errands to do and then…..what I have been waiting for anxiously, our very special date night at Bella Mundo; one of the very top restaurants in Harrisburg . I have been hearing outstanding reviews for this place. Not only is it incredibly top of the line, but the chef is known as one of the best around, so my expectations are rather high. We actually have a gift certificate but have been waiting for a worthy time to use it. What better than an anniversary to go out for an extraordinary meal? I will be sure to do a recap for you all.

Hope you all have some exceptional things planned for the weekend. I’d love to hear about them so let me know!

Have a wonderful evening and don’t forget to someone that you love them.

Don't miss this great giveaway from The Fitnessista!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, you are so sweet! I am happy you have found true love. One day, I hope to join you and find my true love too. :)

    Looks like you had some good eats. Good luck on your 5k this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is so cute! I'm so glad you're happy :D Your wedding picture is adorable! The dinner looks fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I want to see more pictures of you and Toly!! :D Happy belated anniversay!

    ReplyDelete