Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bella Mundo...Fantastico!

Last night's anniversary dinner at Bella Mundo was exceptional.
We don't go out to eat often and try to save these occasions when we have something to celebrate.
Since, we scored a gift certificate to one of the city's top rated restaurant, we knew that our anniversary would be an ideal evening to indulge.
I got all dolled up for my hot date....

Bella Mundo is located in the city of Harrisburg. It sits on the south side of the Susquehanna river and is a little hidden on a quaint back alley street. Look at how adorable this quaint corner bistro is.

After hearing the specials, which all sounded fabulous, I scanned the menu for a few minutes but didn't have too much trouble deciding.

I started off with a baby spinach salad with grapefruit, cucumber, macadamia nuts and a whole grain mustard vinaigrette on the side.
(And a glass of Chardonnay that I forgot to picture)



For my main course, I chose the Chef's Vegetarian Platter.... sauteed season vegetables and herbed gnocchi, over a caviar rice, wheat berry, spinach, tomato, cous cous, and long grain wild rice, marinated grilled tofu, finished with citrus olive oil.




This was unbelievable! The gnocchi was the best I have ever had and the tofu was outstanding. Toly even tried some tofu for the first time. He thought it had a good flavor, but like many people, can't get over the texture.

My date actually had a harder time selecting his meal. This is very unlike him mind you. He is usually making fun of me because it takes me ages to decide and then I end up asking the server hundreds of questions. Well, seems that the roles were reversed.

After a long debated decision, and asking the waitress her opinion, he opted for the Pecan Encrusted Lamb Chops which he LOVED!


Even though we were both stuffed, you all know that dessert at a fancy restaurant is a must, especially when you have reason to celebrate.

All of the selections sounded wonderful, but I let Toly make the final decision on this one. He chose the Seasonal Berries in a Raspberry Mascarpone over Puffed Pastry. They even presented us with a candle in honor of our anniversary.


I liked this, but I wasn't in love. Pastries just aren't really my thing, but my husband adores anything pastry. I took a few bites and let him clean the plate.

We had such an amazing time and spent hours enjoying a wonderful meal and talking about how lucky we are to have each other. We reminisced over the past 6 years and talked about visions of our future.


I know they say there is no need to continue honoring these special commencements once you are married; but Toly and I both decided that we never want to stop celebrating the special moments in our lives that have led us to where we are today. We are both romantics at heart and will always remember the significant days in our relation ship, no matter how big or small they may be.

10 comments:

  1. aw, how romantic.
    And your dish sounds fabulous!I just had gnocchi myself last night, and oh my god, isn't gnocchi SOOO good?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo your dishes sound so yummy; and I think it's great that you two celebrated your anniversary in a special way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! It sounds like you had a great time, and the food looks delicious. The vegetarian platter looks amazing! What a romantic dinner :) Have a lovely night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwwwwwwww happy anniversary! What a great dinner out. I worked in Harrisburg on a project for a bit so I'm very familiar with the area! That veggie dish looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I am ever in your neck of the woods I am going there! That vegetarian platter sounds out of this world! Usually vegetarian platters are a big "meh", but that one sounds satisfying.

    Congrats on the race, girl! Congrats on this weekend, actually :D It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha- isn't Kendra the greatest? I actually think (as strange as it is) that she and Hank make such a great couple. They're too cute :) I love junky tv- its wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pastries aren't your thing? Girl, you crazy! haha just kidding!

    That meal looks fantastic! Did you like the grapefruit on the salad? Whenever I get a salad with citrus, I feel it is so overpowering...I end up eating all the citrus and then not the actual salad and greens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bella Mundo looked awesome and you looked quite gorgeous all dolled up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How FUN! Sounds like a fabulous, romantic anniversary dinner - fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed Bella Mundo!!! Your dishes looked awesome! And congrats on finishing your race - looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete