Friday, June 19, 2009

Pancakes Never Tasted So Good

Thank you all so much for your sweet get well wishes. You guys are truly the best and I feel so blessed by the amount of kindness everyone has been showering on me. :) Blog love to you all!

So I ended up sleeping for a good 2 hours. These drugs really knock me out but it's better than being awake and in pain I guess.

Even though Toly had to go back to work today, I was not alone. In fact, I had one little guy attached to my side every single moment. Before Toly left for work, he kissed me and kissed Sammy and told him to take good care of me today. The little guy snuggled up with me, followed me everywhere, and even slept right on my stomach during our 2 hour nap. He's such a a good little caretaker.

Toly got home a littler later and I eventually woke up. My dad stopped by to visit me and bring over some more food. (My mom has been making soups and stews for the past couple days and has been sharing it all with us. Thanks Mom!)

Even though she made Shrimp Creole tonight (one of my favorites) I didn't think I was quite ready to chew through it. So we kept the original plan of Pancakes and Eggs.

I made my infamous Banana Pancakes- such a good batch if I do say so. I use the Hungry Jack Buttermilk mix and just add water. But then I of course jazz it up a bit with a little vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar. I also tried a new method for adding the banana. Usually I mash up one banana and throw it into the mix, but tonight, I sliced it and placed the slices directly on the cakes on the griddle. This was awesome! The bananas actually caramelized as they cooked. I think I like this method the best!


Wow, these pancakes tasted incredible. Funny how food always seems to taste miraculous when you are hungry and deprived of good eats. It took me awhile, but after very small bites, I manged to clean my plate.

Thank goodness too-I hate feeling hungry and not being able to eat. Worst feeling the in world!

So hopefully tomorrow will be a little better. The doc said that the swelling is usually the worst on the 3rd day. I really can't imagine being any more swollen than I am now, so this should be fun.

Hope your Friday was so much better than mine.

Take care all!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh!! Pancakes sound awesome!

    I actually have tried the overnight oats and they're so good! Actually, the oats get really soft, so you could probably handle it. It helps soften everything. And raisins swell up - I love it!

    Feel better pretty lady. Having super cute cuddle buddies is the best!

    ReplyDelete