Monday, June 8, 2009

I love how you always seem to loose track of the days when your on vacation. I woke up this morning, not have a slight clue on what day it was. Sunday? Monday? Tuesday? Who cares!
After I realized it was Monday, and we only had 2 more days left of this vacation, I decided not to waste another minute and hopped out of bed and geared up for another glorious beach run.
Today, I was determined to find the beach entrance, and I remembered that there was a sure bet one at the fishing Pier, which was about 2 miles up the road from our house.
I ran up to the Pier and got on the beach. I ran the rest of the way back to the house on the beach while soaking up the grand feeling of the sea breeze and the smells of the salty ocean. It was perfect.
I'm guessing the whole run was around 4.5 miles or so. Once back at the house, I did a quick strength routine with some pushups. Here is a great little pushup workout that I invented.

Set 1: 10
Set 2: 8
Set 3: 7
Set 4: 8
Set 5: 10

Quick and challenging.

After my workout, I drank a cup of coffee and caught up on some emails and blogs before I made a great breakfast. Instant Oats with banana and blueberries, fresh fruit and a cup of joe. Lovely!


As I've mentioned before, Avon is such a beautiful place. All of the houses are very quaint and the town is uniquely remote.

This is a shot of the development we are staying in. It sits right along the bay and the ocean is across the street.

Yesterday, the boys learned a valuable lesson in sun care. Apparently, overcast skies at the beach does NOT mean that the UV rays aren't working. They both didn't feel the need to lather on the sunscreen until after a few hours on the beach and got entirely fried! Poor boys, but it's their own fault!
Needless to say, they weren't feeling up to fishing last night, so instead everyone crashed for a few hours.
We've been very productive as you can see. There has been a lot of this....

And a little of this.....

And some more of this....

Even through the pain of burnt arms, legs and necks, the enticing temptations of ice cream triumphed over the burns. After the sun set, we walked up the road for some much needed ice cream to cool us down.
DQ is in walking sight of our place, and it was literally calling to us last night.


Steve is even a bigger ice cream lover than me! I've never seen any one able to down an XL blizzard faster than he can chug a beer. He had already finished before I even took my third bite.


One of my absolute favorite treats- DQ vanilla cone with sprinkles. It was soooo good, I haven't had this in over a year and I forgot how good they are!
Today, we plan to head to Ocracoke Island, a charming little town full of shops, restaurants and beaches. Later tonight, I think we may try fishing again, so long as the boys don't blister from their severe sun burns. ;)
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. the beach and DQ sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a great and relaxing time! I love when you forget what day it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boondoggles to the sunburn. Totz a rotten deal.

    Thumbs up to DQ + sprinkles. :)

    ReplyDelete