Monday, June 15, 2009

BBQ Grilled Shrimp Cesar Salads

Sorry guys, this is going to be a short but sweet one tonight. Dinner was just too good not to share with y'all.

I give you BBQ Grilled Shrimp Cesar Salads with Grilled Fruits and Veggies.

For the Shrimp- I marinated them in a mixture of BBQ sauce, apricot jam, garlic and brown sugar for a few hours. Then I skewered them along with some sliced pineapple and mango. Grilled for just a few minutes of each side and brushed generously with the reserved BBQ marinade.

For the Veggies- I combined balsamic, garlic and dijon (best combo for grilled veggies!) and tossed this with sliced porto mushrooms and asparagus. Grilled these babies until nice and charred and tender.

For the Salad- Romaine, Arugula, Purple Cabbage, Radish, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Artichoke Hearts, Capers, Kal. Olives tossed in TJ's Cesar dressing.

All together.....
(With 1/2 of a grilled sweet potato topped with a little BBQ sauce and greek yogurt-mmmmm, so good on a sweet tater!)



Toly asked to have his food separately. He isn't much into the idea of too many foods combining.


Loving this weather! Another evening of dining al fresco with another perfect summery meal.

Happy Monday everyone!

PS- Erin is having a wonderful giveaway! Be sure to check it out guys!

4 comments:

  1. the dinner sounds/looks fantastic, I love shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that marinade for the shrimp sounds soo good! Since I'm a vegetarian I could use something else that could use some marinading.. liiiike TOFU! Your dinner sounds delicious :) It's so nice that you have someone to enjoy it with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Toly is starting to sound like my Dad! Hope you're doing well, Lauren. :)
    -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been craving grilled veggies like mad!!

    Jas (my boyfriend) got rid of our grill last spring :(

    ReplyDelete