Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So You Had A Bad Day

I am having one of those days where everything is one problem after the other. 2 days in a row of rain also gets me off to a rather somber start (I think we are getting all the rain that all you Southern-state readers experienced last week). Work so blah today! I felt all out sorts because I wasn’t able to get any of my daily tasks completed. All day, it was phone calls, emails, “I need help with this”, “I am having trouble with that.”
Oh my, I was more than ready to leave my desk today.

Do you ever have those days where you feel like you under attack? All you want to do is escape from the rath of everyone else’s trouble but you feel trapped?

Okay, sorry to be such a Debbi-downer, but it really has been just one of those days. Oh well, tomorrow is another day right?!?!

I did find some time to escape for lunch today. Yes, this meant resorting to taking my lunch break in my car, but honestly, I prefer to eat lunch in my car. I find that if I eat at my desk, I won’t actually stop working or I get interrupted frequently and I hate eating in the lunch room because its like an ice box. I can barely chew over the shattering of my teeth. So my car is actually quite nice. I turn on the radio and grab a good magazine and I really do get a few minutes of peace and solitude.

I consumed the usual salad, only today, I tested out a new product that I want to share with you. I recently discovered tempeh and love it! When I made it last week, I simply baked it in a little dressing or sauce and it was superb, but at the store this past weekend, I noticed a product called Tempeh-Tations which are flavored tempeh bites. You can heat them or eat them cold, which is perfect if you add them to salads. I had the Zesty Lemon flavor but I believe they also make these in a teriyaki flavor as well.


My thoughts….these were quite good. They contained the same chewy nutty texture which is what I love about tempeh and were very flavorful. My only complaint is that they did have a bit of a bitter taste, but I think that was from the lemony coating on them. I’m wondering if they would taste any different heated? Overall, I would buy them again, maybe in the teriyaki flavor next time, and they are perfect to throw on a salad for a quick, filling addition.



So although the day kind of blew, I did have the wonderful feature of Wednesday night BFD to look forward to. We skipped last week, which made me ever so anxious for tonight’s selection. It was a true diner-ish breakfast- omelets, home fries, and toast.

My Greek Omelet- Shredded zucchini, spinach, sundried tomatoes, kalamative olives, and feta with butternut squash home fries and a piece of blueberry crumble bread, toasted with some TJ’s bluberry preserves.

Toly’s Denver Omelet- Bacon, Ham and Cheese with regular home fries and the same kind of toast.

Oh breakfast for dinner is just wonderful. If you haven’t tried this, what are you waiting for? It’s cheap, quick, easy and oh so good! :)

So that’s about everything for today. I think I need to end this yuck-o day on a good note. There is some vanilla soy fro-yo in the freezer that is going to be my remedy.

Hope your day was much better than mine.

5 comments:

  1. a greek omelet sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow IS a new day! : )

    I often take my lunch break in my car, too ... I like the little break to myself, reading and/or listening to music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone does have bad days, and you know one of the best things about bad days that I just realized? (totally applicable to me being sick lately too). In the scheme of life bad days/ sick days like these are never remembered and ALWAYS overshadowed by the wonderful memories, beautiful people, and fun love in our lives! :)

    I answered your question about the jicama in the comments on my post more thoroughly but basically I've tried it several ways, and bought it this time with the intention of making a "raw rice" type food by popping it in the food processor.

    Love you and have a FABULOUS soy ice cream filled night and a great end of the week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that omelet looks good.

    I still haven't tried Tempeh, but I really want to! What brand do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it was sort of a yucky day! On days like that, I take 15 minutes to leave work and drive to get myself a special coffee...seriously makes the day 20 times better!! Your lunch salad looks beautiful. I'm a huge breakfast for dinner fan. We have waffles on menu next week ;)

    ReplyDelete