Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Cried!

Yes, tears rolled down my cheeks as I watched Danny Grokey say his final goodbyes last night during American Idol. I know, I know, I’m a bit of a sap, but I just love how heart warming these last few episodes can get. Danny was by far, my favorite since day one! I know it’s extremely trite, but the video montage of their entire experience is what always gets me. Now I’m not really sure where I stand on the finale. I guess Chris would be my next pick. Seriously, who can resist those dimples! ;)

One positive thing about today is that it is Thursday (one more day until the weekend) and one negative thing about the day was that it was unpleasantly dreary. Work seemed to drag and I was feeling very antsy to get home. Once the clock hit 4:30, I was out like a fat girl in dodge ball. (Ha-ha, I picked up that one from my marvelously witty husband)
On to the meal of the evening.
Tonight’s special- Coconut Crab Cakes over mixed green salads

I didn’t really have a recipe and my crab cakes are usually just a throw-together combination of whatever I have on hand.
In the bowl I mixed:
~1 can of jumbo lump crab meat
~ Dijon
~ Fage 0%
~ Lemon juice
~ Parsley
~ Red pepper flakes
~S&P
~Panko bread crumbs
~Unsweetened Flaked Coconut

I then formed into cakes and placed in a hot skillet sprayed with EVOO cooking spray. Cook the cakes on one side for about 5 min, flip and transfer to a 350* oven to bake for about 10-15 min.


The salads were particularly divine too. Mixed spinach and romaine, purple cabbage, roasted asparagus, radish, avocado, cucumber, pineapple, kiwi, blackberries and feta. I roasted the asparagus in a little raspberry balsamic and also dressed the greens in a small amount as well.

I was feeling that I needed to balance out this meal just a tad more with the fruit to veggie ratio. (I can never get enough veggies) So I also roasted some brussels to round out the meal and then I was satisfied.

Toly's plate was slightly altered

Okay off to get myself ready for the season finale of Greys. I know I will not be making it for the entire 2 hours, so my plan is to watch the first half tonight and save the second half for the weekend.

Good night friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I forgot Grey's is 2 hours tonight! That's really pushing my bedtime! haha. :)

    Thanks so much for your comment, I really appreciate it. I think I have been struggling with a good "routine" with my blog lately. I love coming up with new recipes and blogging them, but sometimes it's breakfast stuff, sometimes lunch. Then I feel weird for blogging breakfast and dinner and not lunch. But when I try to track every single thing it makes food way too central over my thought process. Anyway. I understand. :) Thank you for your feedback. If you have any other bloggie feedback/ suggestions for my blog please please PLEASE let me know! Love ya girl, have a HAPPY FRIDAY tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete