Friday, April 17, 2009

Spoiled with Sunshine and Friday Night Pizza Date

Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL Friday it has been. It’s been quite some time that we’ve been spoiled like this on a Friday with amazing weather, so today was quite a treat. I had to sneak out for a bit over lunch just to get a breath of the fresh spring air. Even though this break included running to the store to pick up a few things, it was still well worth it.

This morning, I woke up rather snifflely but feeling okay. I didn’t run since I am planning on doing my long run tomorrow morning, so I cross trained instead. I did 30 min on the ET and 20 min of Tae Bo. I realized how much I missed this workout. I love my ET but since I’ve been running in the mornings, I haven’t had much of a chance to use it. I also realized how much I missed Billy Blanks. Haha, he just makes me laugh first thing in the morning. I really do enjoy his workouts, but I did need a change since I had been doing them for so long. It was definitely nice to revisit an old favorite workout and I think I may be trading a few miles for a cross train day at least once a week.

Lunch today was especially scrumptious. I didn’t realize how time consuming it would be to prepare last night, but when I started to make it, I kind of got on a role and couldn’t stop. It was definitely worth the extra 10 minutes to put together. Still trying to use up the veggies, I threw together one of my favorite lunches, a veggie wrap. The wrap contained hummus, avocado, cucumber, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, spinach, sprouts and banana peppers. I realized that there would be absolutely no way that forming this huge mound of veggies into a neat wrap would be possible, so I tried to just fold it in half. Then I realized, that this would not stay together, so I resorted to a full-proof method of keeping any sammie in tack- Panini style! I pulled out two pans and smooshed away. This actually turned out great, because the spinach melted a bit and the tortilla got all nice and toasted. A side of colorful bell peppers, and this lunch was fantastico!

I came home from work and FINALLY did Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred. I have been using the Comcast On Demand to do my Shredding, but sadly, it only has Level 1 and 2. I just discovered that Level 3 is on YouTube; however, so I was able to actually move on with the challenge. Level 3 is definitely the hardest of them all. She is a crazy lady, but if I ever met her, I wouldn’t be able to stop thanking her for her great 20 min workouts. I can honestly say that my strength has improved NOTICEABLY since I’ve started doing these workouts.

Tonight, we resumed our traditional Friday Night Pizza date night. Oh homemade pizza how I love thee! I made the same kind as I did last time, just because it was so freaking good that I couldn’t wait to have it again. My half was roasted squash and eggplant with spinach, fresh basil, and feta and Toly had his traditional pepperoni and bacon. I also threw together one of our favorite side salads- Baby Romaine, pear, cucumber, dried cherries, and walnuts.


(Pizza ready for baking)
Tomorrow will be an even better day than today! An incredible sunny 73*! I have a long run planned first thing in the morning, my usual Saturday bowl of fabulous oats, ZUMBA class at 11:30am, and my dad is coming over to help me start my garden! Yah, I am so excited to get some veggies growing in my backyard! I also have to pack, clean, do laundry and prepare a special “going-away” dinner for Toly. It’s going to be a busy day, but a good one!

Hope you all had a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Love Billy Blanks!! I have his ab bootcamp video and love it! My hubby totally laughs at me when I do it, but it gives me a great workout :)

    Have fun on your run tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I stopped loving Billy Blanks in my early 20s. He's too crazed for me now!

    I need a clamer workout for my sanity.

    :)

    Pizza night looks good and salad sounds great.

    ReplyDelete