Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When Will it Feel Like Spring? and Wednesday's BFD

When will it ever feel like spring? I know that we “supposedly” entered the season last week; however, I haven’t been convinced by the chilly temps we’ve been having. I am so ready for warm weather, open toed shoes, and windows down!!

Despite the nip in the air, today was fairly pleasant, but I think tomorrow they are calling for rain all day! Bummer! Work was hectic but these crazy work days seem to be making my weeks fly by, which is fine by me.

I love Wednesdays because you know what that means….BFD!!! Toly actually opted out of his monthly BFL (breakfast for lunch) with his work gang because he knew that we would be having it tonight and didn’t want to overdo it.

I was definitely feel eggs tonight, so we made omelets. I love this because I am able to customize each one to our preference.

My omelet was sautéed kale, shrooms, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and goat cheese.

Toly had bacon, ham and cheddar.




We had these with some English Muffins (including my favorite PB banana mash). This dinner hit the spot!













Now, on to business. The other day, I received a sample of the new Quaker True Delights granola bars in the mail. Since I
have already tried these, I thought I would let Toly take the reigns on this one and have the chance to practice his food critic skills. I told him he needed to be detailed and really think about the taste and texture as he chewed. Here is what he came up with…



Pros:
Very good!
Chocó lately
Fresh Raspberry taste
I really liked it

Cons:
None

Haha, I think he may need a little work, but it was cute for his first try!

Off to catch some of Idol and then hit the hay. 3 days down, 2 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. YUM to your food!! Your PB banana mash sounds delish!!

    Haha, I liked Toly's review!

    ReplyDelete