Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

Wow, it's been quite awhile since my last post and I do apologize for the long absence. I am going to try to keep up with the blog now that Toly was able to upload the software to put the pictures on the laptop....it makes things a whole lot easier.


Things have been moving right along in our home in these past few months. Busy as usual, but very rewarding. The Holidays are quickly approaching and with Thanksgiving behind us, we are now just preparing for the big one...Christmas!! I do admit, this year is definitely different. Our first Christmas together in our new home is very exciting. Last weekend, my parents helped us with getting our tree. We had planned on going to a traditional tree farm with my sister and brother-in-law; however, the nasty little flu snuck up on us earlier in the week and even though I was feeling much better, Toly was still fighting off the sickness. So we opted out of trudging through the freezing woods to chop down a tree, and headed to our local Lowes store to find one just as nice! :) My dad and Toly got the tree up and positioned while my mom and I put on the finishing touches. Here is a shot of the finished product....






Now that the tree is up, its really beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. All I need to do is finish up with the shopping so I can wrap the presents and put them under the tree. Oh wow, I love Christmas! We plan to spend the Holidays with friends and family and could not be more overjoyed! It really makes us realize how grateful we are to have such wonderful friendships and enriching blessings from family. I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season and wish you all overwhelming love and joy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment