Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pizza With Santa



I had a fantastic weekend and I hope you all did as well. 

After a late night, Toly and I slept in a bit this morning.  We leisurely woke up, read the paper, checked emails, and eventually worked on breakfast. 

I brought all of the components to make pancakes today.  Not just any pancakes, 

Butternut Squash Apple Pancakes


Incredible!  I added a canned butternut squash and applesauce to the mix and then topped them with Vanilla Greek Yogurt, sauteed cinnamon apples, maple almond butter, and crushed walnuts.

Toly had his share minus the b-nut squash.


After digesting, I made it over to Body Pump.  For some reason, BP was particularly easy for me today.  I think that means it is time to increase my weights.

When I got back from the gym and showered, Toly and I had a few errands to run and while we were out, stopped for lunch at Panera.

You Pick 2: Orchard Harvest Salad and Creamy Tomato Soup 

A little later, we picked up our nephew Conner to take him to see Santa.

Each year, my work hosts a Pizza with Santa event that allows employees to bring their kids out to see santa, open a present, and eat pizza with him.

Conner was beyond excited.  He woke up from his nap saying, "I wanna see Santa!" and by the time we got there, he couldn't wait to sit on his lap.


Each child gets a personalized present from Santa. It's actually from the parents but the kids have not a clue so it's really cute to see their faces light up when they get the present that they asked Santa for. 


Conner asked for a drum and a drum is what he got!

Little Drummer Boy

We also made some Christmas ornaments and played with a bunch of kids and their new toys.  It was a blast!



I arrived home and unpacked later in the evening and put together a quick and satisfying dinner.

Cranberry Walnut Bagel (from Panera) Egg, Spinach Scramble over Roasted Asparagus 

Time to unwind and prepare for another week. 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I had brinner too! We are so sammies :) Sounds like a nice day (again!). Breakfast looks seriously amazing. Whenever we meet up- you are making me breakfast ;) ...I mean if you want hehe. And the Santa party looks like fun. Y'all are going to make great parents one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog, it feels so warm and comforting.
    I miss having the desire to see santa! aha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! I used to love seeing Santa when I was a kid. He still brings me presents. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! There's nothing more special than watching kids enjoy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pancakes look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your breakfast always looks amazing. The Santa party looks like so much fun.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conner is just precious...and your pancakes also looked great! But what this post really made me crave was Panera! I use to work there, and I haven't been to one in over a year (they don't have many in Austin). I want some soup and bread! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope your week is full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove the way those pancakes sound! So hearty and tasty =) And how cute is that Santa party? I just love it. Adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pancakes have got me curious. I may just have to make them.

    ReplyDelete