Sunday, December 19, 2010

An All Day Christmas Shopping Spree




Hi everyone! 

How has the weekend been treating you?  

Mine has been splendid and with another day to enjoy today, I'm sure it will only get better.  

Before I go any further, allow me to share with you some recent photos of the house…….




It's so big!!  Well, in my mind it just seems so big.  I remember standing in here a few weeks ago when it was just a pile of dirt, and now we have this.  It won't be long now! 

Yesterday, I had the most wonderful day with my good friend Jess.  We planned an all day Christmas shopping trip to Towson, MD.  I don't think either of us knew that we were embarking on the busiest shopping day of the year when we decided to do this, but we embraced the chaos and made the best day of it. 

We left here before noon, and by the time we got to Towson, we were both starving so we decided to fuel up at The Cheesecake Factory before the hours of shopping that was about to take place. 

 We started with the White Bean Hummus.  This hummus is awesome and that grilled pita bread they serve is some of the best.  We were both in love…..

For lunch, I chose "The Almost Everything Salad."  Shrimp, Garbanzo Beans, Roasted Red Peppers, Olives, Artichokes, Avocados, Tomatoes, Blue Cheese.
It was fantastic!



Jess fully enjoyed her salad as well.

 Once lunch was over, we ventured right over to the mall and fought through the millions of crazy Christmas shoppers.  A few hours into our spree, we both b-lined into the Godiva store for a little more fuel.

They were giving away FREE Truffles today!  Who could possibly turn down a free Godiva Truffle???


I had a hard time selecting, but when I saw The Carrot Cake Truffle, it became rather easy to choose.

We ended our long day with a stop at Trader Joe's.  I was able to pick up a few things but was sad to discover that the Peppermint Joe's had sold out and they weren't getting any more in.  Oh well.  I did find some great new products that I'm very excited to try so the Joe's will have to wait until next year.  And I also picked up a little surprise for one of you!!! :)  That will come later tonight though, so make sure you come back and see me. ;) 

Have a wonderful Sunday friends! 

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. What a fun day Lauren! I love that scarf you are wearing too.

    I think I would love that salad from the Cheesecake Factory - minus the meat and cheese though. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop! What a great day :) Shopping with a good friend and a delicious lunch? Awesome. Hope you got lots of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks awesome!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo, your house is taking definite shape ... how exciting!! : )

    Have a great rest of the weekend, Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! Your house is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for free chocolate! i LOVE the Cheesecake Factory- cookie dough cheesecake PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day! The Carrot Cake Truffle sounds faaaabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house looks like it is really coming along! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing better than shopping with friends! Especially when there are free truffles involved :-) Your house is going to look beautiful. How exciting to see it grow! Thank you for sharing with me. I hope your upcoming week is full of joy, laughter and good friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! You are adorable!! Looks like an amazing day:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the best thing about the Cheesecake Factory is the bread they serve. I could eat that as a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it definitely looks big, and WAYYY EXCITING!! <3

    ReplyDelete