Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gravity


"Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone."


Gravity~ Sara Bareilles

I have been loving this song recently.

  I have always been moved my music or rather music has always moved me.  More than the beat, the lyrics of the songs have always seemed take on such significance for me.  Maybe it stems from my inner poet or my overall appreciation for literature in general, but when I stumble on a great song that especially strikes a certain sentiment with my emotions, I feel so inclined to share. 

Why this song?  There is one particular line that made my heart heavy as soon as I heard it. "You loved me 'cause I'm fragile, When I thought I was strong."  

There were so many times in my life when I thought I was stronger than I really was.  I thought I could do it all on my own, I needed no one to hold me up or help me stand tall.  It wasn't until I realized that my stubborn stance on my life was really just a false portrayal of how weak I really was.  

My point is, that during this entire time, I was never alone.  I always had Toly, my family, my true friends that I now credit everything to for getting me through.  There are times when life gets too much to handle on our own. And realizing that it's okay to share some of our despairs with others and let them take some of our burdens is all a part of becoming a stronger person in the end. 

Not that there is any reason for me to feel alone, weak, or overwhelmed right now.  My life is amazing and I feel so blessed, but I think I just need to remind myself many times that I am not here by myself doing it all for me.  

I just wanted to share that tonight.  Thanks for listening. 

Breakfast….


Overnight Raspberry Oats with Vanilla Almond Cereal, 1/2 Nectarine, Raspberries, White Chocolate Cherry Almond Butter



Lunch…….

Leftover "Feels Like Fall" Quinoa Salad


Dinner……

Savory Pumpkin Oats



My workouts today were definitely worth sharing.  I tried to squeeze in a run this morning, but the treadmill only gave me 3 miles before it shut off.  Guess my fix wasn't lasting. When I got home, I went back to the gym where I intended to do some stationary bike and weights.  I got there and noticed the treadmill had been fixed!!!!!  Amen!!! I ran 2 miles out of pure excitement and then completed Jessica's Full Body Workout.  

Toly played in his annual Wheelchair Basket Ball Tournament tonight.  His company sponsors this charity event every year and his department makes a very big deal out of it.  It's a lot of fun and for such a great cause. 


And one last thing……

If you have not had a chance to check out my Webinar debut, please go over to my company's Facebook page and check it out! The video is called "Saving for College" and if you like it or become a fan or both, you will be automatically entered to win a $60 CSN gift card! 

Just leave me a comment telling me you did and you'll be entered. 

Winner will be chosen Friday, 10/1. 

Well, that's all for today. 

What songs have you heard lately that have really left an impact with you? 




Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I am the same way with song lyrics :) So sweet that you really love and appreciate Toly!! And those Savory Pumpkin Oats? I need some! maybe tomorrow night for din din ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. We all need to realize and appreciate the support systems that are around us. I know that I would be a mess without my sweet husband, sisters, and friends. Thank you for reminding me of how much they mean to me! This is why I keep on coming back to your blog...you inspire me with your delicious food and your thoughtful words. Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I just recently started making savory oats but never thought to put pumpkin in them, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love listening to song lyrics! They really are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard her new stuff yet, but I LOVE Sara Bareilles - and this post. It's a good reminder to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren,

    So funny that you mention that song! I was just listening to it this morning! It is a great song - I didn't know that it was from the broadway show "Wicked"... I actually first heard it on Glee. Have great night - see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that song is special to me too. when i took a year off acting 2 years ago it came out and when i heard it it reminded me of the hold my career has on me - like an abusive boyfriend, almost. i kept coming back. obviously, i've come back.

    ReplyDelete