Thursday, June 24, 2010

So Hot Will Melt Your Popsicle


That song as been in my head all day and rightfully so, because it's definitely a hot one!  I think it reached 95 today with nearly 100% humidity!  Okay, maybe not that bad, but it sure felt like it. 

I began the day with a lovely 5.5 mile run. Much better than yesterday. 

Breakfast was a big bowl of refreshing fruit and yogurt with a little granola. 



And 1/2 a Whole Grain Bagel with PB and Banana and Flax


Iced coffee has stolen my heart! 



So you may notice that I've been taking my photos in a new location.  I find that the sun light is best by the sliding glass door so on the floor the food goes.  Note, I don't actually eat it on the floor, but it could be fun! 

Okay, so I had some running around to do at work and then came home for lunch. 

Smoothie again! 


And quite green this time. 

I simply couldn't wait to drink this.  I wanted to stick my whole head in the blender to cool down, so that is just what I did. 



Bottoms Up! 

The rest of lunch was a big salad of leftovers from last night. 




When I got home from work, I did Level 1 of Jillian Michael's Shred.  I'm on a Jillian kick again.  I went on a little hiatus after I exhausted her shred workouts, but lately, I've been getting back into it. 

Dinner tonight was BFD.  We moved BFD to Thursday because we needed a quick and early dinner tonight for a meeting we had later. 

Okay, so I couldn't get a really good shot of this one, but trust me, it was incredible!! 

Crab and Spinach Omelette With Goat Cheese

Oh my, it was amazing! Crab and eggs and goat cheese….yes, yes and yes! 

I also made roasted sprouts with ketchup and the other 1/2 of the Whole Grain Bagel with Lite Veggie Cream Cheese. 

Toly's plate (I've been neglecting his plates haven't I?) 



Well, I'm going to cut this short tonight because it's almost bedtime and I still have things to do. 

I have REALLY exciting news though but I will share it tomorrow.  I've been keeping you guys in the dark about something but tomorrow, it's all coming out! :) 

(NOT PREGNANT! haha)

Night folks! 

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I love BFD...Yours sounds delicious!

    Looking forward to your news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do NOT miss humidity!
    can't wait to hear your news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfasts always make me jealous...they always look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an iced coffee addict too...or just coffee in general. I didn't think it would happen, but it did! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH!! WHAT SECRETS ARE YOU KEEPING?! Lol I can't wait to read about it :D

    I love that picture of you drinking from the blender!! It's so funny, and something I totally do. Well first I pour it into a big cup and then I put my head in the blender basically and get every last drop lol. Yeah, sometimes smoothies are "lick-the-blender" good. Especially in this heat!!! Holy crap. I heard DC got up to 116 today. LUDICROUS! Okay so seeing that you had granola this morning and so did I.. that made me smile! ESP? I'd like to think so :D

    XOXO I hope you have fabulous Friday Miss Thang!

    p.s. you read my mind or something because earlier today I pulled up a Mediterranean strata recipe I made awhile back since I still have some bakery buns leftover. ALSO! You should definitely go to a belly dancing class. It's so much fun and it's such a great way to embrace yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always take so many slurps of my smoothies before I photograph....I caaaaaannot help it! I hardly ever eat my food where I photograph it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I love the picture of you gulping the smoothie! I actually did a shred video last night after I hadn't in over a month. Sometimes it gets too boring but it is a good workout to do when you're feeling like getting your butt kicked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excited to hear your news! That crab omelet looks amazing! I have got to give that a try. And way to go on running 5 miles...you so inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't stand humidity, it's so uncomfortable!

    That salad is awesome.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I take pics of my food on the floor too...what we food bloggers to to get good light!! I'm absolutely guilty of drinking from the blender too. How else are you supposed to get the last drops?! Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, I am TOTALLY obessed with that song too! LOVE IT! Don't love Katie Perry, but love that song ;)

    You crack me up with your head in that blender!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. goodness! that is hot!! we haven't had heat like that yet, but I would like some!! got a lot of dresses in my closet that I would like to wear!!!


    and i TOTALLY did that with my smoothie blender yesterday too!!!
    WE TWINSIESSSSSSSSSSSS

    love you so!!

    happy friday and WEEEEEEEEEKEND LAUREN!!!!!!!!!

    hugs,
    gc

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to take some cooking lessons from you! The meals look awesome - the breakfast? My fav part! And I love the picture of you chugging GM lol too cute (:

    ReplyDelete