Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Secret it Out


Hello and happy Wednesday! 

Another full day but wonderful none the less. I'll just get right to it! 

I woke up this morning and decided I would try a run.  After resting my knee for 2 days, I thought it felt pretty good and wanted to see if I could run on it again. 

I took it easy and did 4 miles and walked another 1/2 mile.  My knee felt fine.  A little sore but I came home and foam rolled and stretched it out, so hopefully it's nothing.  It felt so good to be running in the morning again though.  My how I've missed my am treadmill sessions! 

After the normal shower and primping, I put together an old faithful breakfast that I have been missing for the past few weeks. 

Warm Pear and Kashi Bowl 

Diced Pear with Cinnamon, 1/2 C Kashi Crunch, Honey Oikos, Applesauce, Almond Butter and Granola sprinkle 

My goodness how I've missed this breakfast.  Definitely happy it can return to the weekly mix once again. 

Work was very busy once again, but so much fun.  I threw a big party for some of my students that I have been working with all year and it was a blast!  

Before I knew it, it was time for lunch and since I was off the charts hungry today, I was very happy to come home and make such a good one. 

First, I heated up a TJ's Masala burger and topped it with hummus and hot sauce. Delicious! 




And because this salad was so good yesterday, I made a very similar one today, but only changed the broccoli for asparagus this time.  Delicious! 



And because I couldn't decide on what fruit to have, I made a little bowl of everything.  Grapes, Kiwi and Melon. Delicious! 




Served with Food Should Taste Good Cinnamon Chips (1st time trying this flavor and LOVED them!), some pickles and carrots.  




All together, delicious lunch! 

Later in the afternoon, I started to get hungry again and craved something sweet.  I remembered to bring along one of my new Nature's Path's Granola bars and was happy to find it in my purse when this craving came on. 

The company sent me their new line of granola bars to try, and I sampled the Maple Pecan today. 




Okay, I really intend on just having a bite of this because I wasn't too terribly hungry, but this bar was soo soo good!  One bite quickly turned into devouring the entire thing.  It was exactly what I needed to curb my afternoon sweet craving.  Love these and I will be buying more! 

When I got home from work, I had one of the best packages waiting for me to open! 




This was straight from the sweet and amazing Veggie Girl herself!  Liz is such a wonderful friend and has been such an inspiring and supportive companion in my life over the past few months.  Being able to connect and share similar life experiences with this girl has been such a blessing and I can't tell you all how much I think of her as a person and a friend. 



She sent me some amazing gourmet vegan treats from Allison's Gourmet! 


Oh my goodness!!!!  I can not wait to dig in to this box! Thank you so much Liz!!! :) 

My sister came over for dinner tonight which was so nice.  I haven't seen her in such a long time and her hubby has been in Africa for a few weeks, so I asked if she wanted to join us for supper. 

Okay, I am so excited that I can tell you all this because I've been keeping it a secret for weeks, but the big news in my family as of late……

I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!! 




That's right!  Brooke is pregnant!!!  YAY!!!!!!! She is due in September and looking amazing by the minute!  

For dinner, I made two different casseroles….

Chicken Alfredo for my sister and Toly….




And a Greek Tuna Casserole for me (Tuna, Artichokes, Sun dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, feta) 




Side Salad


Plated….



Very good indeed! 

Wow, that seemed like a lot for today. I was going to announce one more thing, but I think given all that was said already, I will hold off on that announcement for tomorrow.  So be sure to stop back for more exciting news!!! 

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday! 


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. awwwww! What a special day. So glad the run went well and congrats on finding out that you're going to be an Aunt! Ah! Breakfast bowl looks incredible- going to recreate something similar soon. Alison's makes some truly delicious treats- enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on soon becoming an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new auntship! So exciting :) And VeggieGirl's package looks great, so nice of her to send you some treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being an aunt!! That is super exciting girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming an aunt! How wonderful. :)

    Your casseroles look DELICIOUS! YUM

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!! you are going to be such an amazing aunt :)
    and that is soo sweet of liz. + your eats look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for being an Aunt!!! :) I love baby bumps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is such exciting news! you're gonna be the BEST aunt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations to you, your sister and the family! that is going to be so exciting, and you are going to make one fabulous aunt :)

    yay for all those goods - liz is such a sweetheart! and i am so glad you are getting back to enjoying the foods you love!

    have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete