Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seeing Stars


This was such a fast Saturday, but it was a good one! 

It started with a stellar bowl of Pumpkin Oats.  



These were Pumpkin Maple Oats with some of my homemade Pumpkin Granola on top.  The inspiration for this batch came from this recent buy….


Stonyfield's newest seasonal flavor, Maple Vanilla.  I added a little on top of the oat hots and it was an unbelievable experience.  Wow, this flavor is awesome.  Definitely liking it more than the pumpkin!

Toly and I spent the entire day at a Charity Basketball game for my work.  Toly was reffing and I attempted to keep my sanity as score keeper.  Wow, these guys were intense.  Almost as intense as the NBA finals, even though it was all for charity.  

But the coolest part of the day was meeting this guy! 


LeSean McCoy, the newest and hottest Eagle's running back.  He actually is from our area and played on one of the teams.  Toly was overjoyed to get his autograph and hang out with him all day.  He now believes they are BFF's and will be hanging out on a regular basis. Haha, I'm sure LeSean feels the same. :) 

It was a long and tiring day but great fun.  I did manage to run home quickly to take my meds and eat a quick but tasty lunch. 



Dr. Preager's Sweet Potato Cake with Cinnamon Pears, Apple Sauce, Crofter's Fruit Spread, and Dijon on top of spinach

With massaged kale salad of grapefruit, avocado, and hummus

After spending all day on the courts, I was happy to come home to have dinner waiting.  I threw together Coconut Curry Chili in the crock pot so that it would cook all day. 

It was delicious! 


And even more delicious with a slice of TJ's Naan and hummus. 

I can't believe how tired I am.  Wait no I can believe it.  With a combination of my awful night's sleep and a long and eventful day, I foresee an early bedtime tonight. 

Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday! 





Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. mmmm that new yogurt sounds fabulous! I love maple flavored anything. Such a fun day! A great event for sure. Get some rest chicky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried TJ's Naan--I need to since I LOVE LOVE LOVE naan!!

    The weekend is flying by...It's gonna be Monday so very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i NEED an early beditme.... but nope, not going to happen!! haha. annndd i've seen that yogurt whenever i go to the grocery that is across the street, but haven't purchased it yet! to be honest, i was kind of waiting for a blog review :) so thanks!! im going to try it. have a good sleep

    xoxo
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweet wife to sit at the basketball game all day and keep score! Glad you had a great day, sweet dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. coolness! my father-in-law used to be the shrink for the eagles, but that was way back in the day. love crockpot dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat Toly got to hang out with one of the Eagles! My brother would have been in heaven, too. Love your breakfast- Stonyfield farms has some of the most interesting yogurt flavors! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool that you guys met LeSean! I bet Toly and him will be BFFs fosho. I'm keepin' my eye out for you two next time the Stillers play the Eagles - maybe Toly will get to hang out on the sidelines and help coach : )

    Have a gerrrreat Sunday!

    ReplyDelete