Friday, August 28, 2009

Quickie But Goodie

This is going to be a quickie because we are getting ready to head downstairs for cocktails before our 7pm dinner reservation...

We made it to Philly safe and sound, but after an extra hour of traffic (gotta love city rush hour) I almost exploded from having to pee more than I ever have in my life!

Before we left, I had a busy morning but it was good.

I ran 10 miles right before the rain started. Literally, I was inches from my house when I felt the first few drops....how's that for fortunate.

Then breakfast was spectacular. Such an amazing bowl of oats this morning....

Oats with 1/2 overripe banana and 1/2 nectarine cooked into the mix. (Makes all the difference because they turn out cobbler like) Topped with raspberries, white chocolate wonderful PB, Raspberry jam and some peach bread crumbled on top. Fantastically delicious!

Served with coffee and some grapefruit slices....

Then I packed. Sammy got all bummed when he saw the bags come out. I reminded him that he was going to G-ma's and G-pa's for the weekend, and his sadness suddenly lifted.



Lunch was also fabulous. Grilled veggie burger on a big wonderful salad. My most favorite way to eat- brushed with BBQ sauce and drizzled with Honey Mustard. Again, delicious!


And I accomplished the melon situation. It's all gone! So the fridge is empty and ready for restock upon return.
Okay, hubz is calling. Time for drinks and dinna!
See you later!

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm cobbler like oats--what a great idea. Enjoy your night/weekend! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your drinks and dinner and have a fabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a FABULOUS TIME!! Can't wait for your recap! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW, lucky Sammy! Baylee has to go to the kennel when we go away :( We tell her it's a doggie spa though so she doesn't mind! LOL

    Holy YUMMY oatmeal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, isn't it funny how dogs know stuff like that? What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oatmeal combo looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice job getting that run in before the rain! dogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it safe and sound! Awww Sammy! My pupper gets upset when I leave as well - she always wants to come with :)

    Hope you guys had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing looking salad! I love how your veggie burger is all dressed up. BTW, Sammy is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete