Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chubby Bunny

Have you ever played that game where you stuff as many marshmallows in your mouth and say "Chubby Bunny" over and over again? Well, today has been a continual game of Chubby Bunny for me. Haha, on top of being totally numbed and swollen, I look like such a goof with my head wrap of ice, chubby cheeks, and the constant stream of drool pouring from the side of my face. So glamours!I'm actually not in too much pain, it's just more annoying and uncomfortable than anything.

My mom and my sister stopped by this afternoon to visit me and my wonderful sister brought me this.....

I don't think anything tasted so incredible in my life!!!!!!!!!!! It felt amazing too!

After hours of waiting to eat anything sustainable, Toly gave me the go ahead for a green monster. Yeaaaaa, real food!!!!

I made some for my mom to try...And she LOVED it!


And look at this. What? Is he really trying it?????
Not quite the same reaction as my mama but he did say "It's not bad." Holy cow, such progress. Don't worry, the boy will be inhaling these babies soon enough. ;)


So food today has been just about anything I can manage to get into my mouth. Thank GOD for oatmeal!
I picked up this little find during my last Trader Joe's trip. All you do is plop the frozen oat mound in a bowl and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes.


I added some volume with the additions of canned pumpkin and a mashed banana. Oh and a spoon of Pumpkin Butter and Naturally More.
Not so pretty, but it's the best I could do given the circumstances.


Felt good to eat, but not as good as cold ice.
Toly is getting me more Ritas now. Oh, it feels like heaven!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you survived the big event! I hope the swelling goes down soon! Are you still planning to run tomorrow? Best of luck :)
    Thanks for my birthday wishes today - that was sweet of you! I'm looking forward to our night on the town next week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor dear! How uncomfortable you must be! But I'm glad to see that you have so many people taking good care of you! And I'm glad to hear you're not really in pain - I hope that continues!! Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your fam enjoyed the GMs! And you keep enjoying that Rita's!!! I bet it tastes like heaven (I've never actually tried Rita's!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute with your head all wrapped up. I'm glad that you are doing okay. I saw your parents at the festivities downtown today (not sure if they recognized me!).

    Thanks for the comment on my blog- it won't be that interesting but I'm glad you checked it out. :)

    ReplyDelete