Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Overview

Good evening you guys. Hope you all had a great weekend. Can you believe it's over already?? I know, I always say this Sunday night, but it never fails to amaze me how fast these two days fly by.

The weekend was quite pleasant, as usual. It started out Friday night with friends. We went over to Jen and Brian's for a BBQ. We haven't had a chance to get together lately, with the baby being born a few weeks ago and we both have been pretty busy, so it was very nice to see our good friends again. Toly and I brought dinner over and fired up the grill for a lovely little BBQ. Dinner was quite yummy and had all of the wonderful tastes of summer, grilled chicken sausage, grilled corn on the cob, salad and the best part...S'MORES! Connor is the little king of marshmallows and had more fun shoving them into his mouth before we could even open up the rest of the components.



Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early and did my usual long run. I completed the first 8 miles on the treadmill (that is as far as the thing lets me go before shutting down) and then I did another 2 miles around the neighborhood. This felt amazing! I've really been enjoying running outside in the mornings and hope to keep increasing my mileage outdoors each week. Maybe next week I'll try 1/2 and 1/2. The whole reason I am taking it slow is because I haven't trained with outdoor running, so my body is not use to it yet. I've been running on the treadmill for so long that I'm just not use to running much on real ground, but the more I do it, the more I realize how much I love it.
After my wonderful 10 mile run, I came home, stretched, showered and embarked on creating some grand Saturday morning oats. Just look at this bowl. Berry licious!


This bowl had all the wonderful ingredients of
1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
1/2 banana
Cinnamon, vanilla and frozen blueberries
Toppings:
Blackberries, raspberries, almonds and coconut. And then a drizzle of Peanut butter (the icing on the cake!) Nothing is better than refueling with a beautiful bowl of oatmeal after a 10 mile run!
Toly went to a DC for the day with his dad to see the Phillies play, so I had a day to myself. I had a bridal shower in the afternoon and then came home, cleaned the house spotless, and did the grocery shopping for the week. I wanted to get all of the chores done while he was away so that we could have one day to relax and enjoy.
Today, we ran a few errands and then had plans to go over to my sister and bro-in-law's for dinner. They are huge fans of BFD too, so we were pumped when Jason whipped out the waffle maker. They prepared a scrumptious waffle buffet and it was fabulous.


That pretty much sums it all up. One more 5 day work week before another 3 day weekend. FINALLY! It's been such a long streach since we've had a holiday weekend.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
PS- Don't forget about my GIVEAWAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment