Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let's Review, Shall We?

Another great weekend was had. Let's see if I can recap in a reasonable amount of reading time....

Saturday morning- I woke up at 6am for my glorious long run. The morning was perfect, and I enjoyed every minute of my 11 mile run. I brought my IPOD with me (finally remembered it) and sang my way through most of the run. I probably even danced a little too and I'm pretty sure people were staring, but really, I didn't care.

I came home and re-fueled with a wonderful bowl of oats that I thought I photographed but I can't seem to find. Oh well you can just imagine.


I let Toly sleep until 10:30. He had a very long night at the Russian Party and didn't get home until 2:30am, so I tried very hard to be quite and let him get his sleep while I ran out to the store for a few needed things.

We had a wedding later in the afternoon, but before we left, I wanted to be sure to eat a good lunch. I started with a "green monster." Oh boy, this one was sure tasty. It contained
  • Spinach
  • 1/2 C Vanilla Soy milk
  • Frozen Mango and Kiwi
  • 1/2 of a frozen banana


These power smoothies are awesome! I can't begin to explain how good they are for your entire body (digestive, muscles, skin) and they also taste so refreshing on a hot day. When I was in high school, I use to work at a local coffee shop that was famous for their smoothies. I drank smoothies every single day and became quite skilled in mastering the smoothie making process.

Along with my green monster, I also toasted a small ww pita, spread a little goat cheese and hummus, topped it with spinach, big slices of juicy tomato and torn fresh basil. Then, drizzled on a tad of balsamic and put it back in the toast for a minute to heat.

Watermelon on the side, and this was one satisfying lunch. Light, filling and delicious.



The wedding of the weekend was of my friend and old roommate Katie and her fiance Jeff. Katie and my sister have been best friends for years, and I've gotten to know her and her family very well over the years. I moved in with Katie 2 years ago and lived with her for a little over a year while I finished school and before Toly and I bought our house.

The wedding was lovely and Kaite looked amazing.

Here is Toly and I after the ceremony...





And me and my sister (she was the matron of honor)




Me and Katie (what a beautiful bride)





The Newlyweds...We had a great time, dancing, drinking, eating. There was even a candy buffet which is probably one of the best ideas I have ever heard of. What a better way to keep your guests happy than a buffet table filled with all you can eat candy!


This morning I woke up starving and had pancakes on my mind. Toly told me the other day how he had been craving for my chocolate chip banana pancakes so maybe that's where my desire came from.

I whipped up the cakes (banana chocolate chip for him and banana blueberry for me) and cut up an orange for us to split as well as some grapies. (With the weekend coffee mugs, of course)




We made it to the earlier church service today (10am!!!) and then headed to BJ's for some serious re-stocking of the necessities (paper towels, Windex, toilet paper...etc.) I intended to come home and make lunch, but was feeling rather famished and not in the mood to make anything, so I asked if we could swing by Subway and pick up lunch instead. We came home, ate, and re-organized the closets.

Dinner tonight was a valid attempt of a classic with a new twist. Homemade pizza was on the menu, but I tried a new way of cooking it-on the grill. I've seen this many times and I have been dying to try this method of pizza making. Basically, I prepared the dough as I normally would, put instead of pre-baking it in the oven, I threw the crusts on the grill.

Toppings were the best part...

Toly had a BCT pizza (Bacon, Cheese, Tomato)

Mine was grilled Medeterranian Veggie (Asparagus, eggplant, Red Pepper, Zuchinni, Spinach, Artichose, Olive and Feta) I tend to overdo it on the veggies.

Oh and I whipped up a quick raw sauce that consisted of fresh basil, roasted red pepper, garlic, capers and a chopped tomato.

After the crust was "grilled" I topped our pies and put them in the oven to finish cooking.

Here is Toly's Plate.....


And Mine...
(I swear there is an actual crust under the ginromo mound of veggies!)



The pizza was good, but honestly, I couldn't really tell a difference with the grilled crust. It was more of a pain because it took more prep work and clean up. Fun idea, but I think I'll just stick to the old fashion way for the future.

Well, the day is closing and we are settling in to a movie (Mall Cop) on the couch. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What a full and fun weekend! Let me know how you guys liked Mall Cop - we've seen some great movies and some not so great movies lately, and I would really love to add another movie to the great category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a grilled pizza before too - and I agree with you. I'm glad I tried it, so I know what it's like - but I think it's easier just to stick with the normal kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled pizza just never seems to work for me, too much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay weddings!

    i dont eat fish because i consider them animals. check out goveg.com or read In Defense of Food or Skinny Bitch. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the run!!!!! Sounds like you two had a fabulous weekend. Love weddings :) We have on this upcoming weekend

    ReplyDelete